- This event has passed.
VENUE Operator Certification – January 2018
January 8 - January 11
A Certified VENUE Operator is in the driver’s seat of a state-of-the-art live sound production environment that delivers studio-grade sound, unprecedented reliability, powerful performance, and complete ease of use. VENUE certification clearly demonstrates to the live sound industry that you know how to make the most from the widest array of TDM processing in the industry. VENUE is shaping the future of live sound, and you are the director.
A Certified VENUE Operator credential provides immediate industry recognition of proven expertise. By holding a VENUE Operator’s Certification, you demonstrate that you have a deep and clear understanding of the VENUE family of products. Specifically that you:
• Understand expanded VENUE systems – how to install option cards in Mix Rack, make VENUE connections, mix engine configurations, and install mix engine cards
• Can operate input section controls, leverage control surface techniques to reset channels and parameters, and use ECx for remote control of VENUE
• Can leverage advanced built-in and TDM processing concepts including advanced plug-in management
• Know and can work with advanced mixing concepts including advanced group options, how to work with Simple and Expert modes and how to use VCAs
• Can operate VENUE’s monitor mixing options; including set up and work with Personal Q (PQ) systems
Have advanced working knowledge and the ability to leverage the power of Snapshots and Events
• Additionally, with your approval you will appear in Avid’s searchable online Certification Directory.
Why should I pursue VENUE Certification?
Simply put, VENUE certification demonstrates your desire to lead the industry, not follow. VENUE is a revolutionary line of digital live sound systems that deliver amazing sound quality, reliability, flexibility, and ease-of-use. Designed with direct input from leading mix engineers, VENUE brings innovation and intuitive workflows to live mixing-answering the complexities of today’s live sound applications while empowering efficiency and creativity. No other digital sound system comes close.
Do I need to be Pro Tools Certified to become VENUE Certified?
No. However, VENUE offers the most streamlined, reliable, and economical approach to integrating Pro Tools’ multitrack recording and playback into a live production environment, so a dual certification can be beneficial. With an HDx or FWx Option Card installed, you can connect a computer running Pro Tools HD® or Pro Tools LE® software to the VENUE system through the card. Then record every single input from the stage-up to 128 tracks with Pro Tools|HD, or up to 24 tracks with Pro Tools LE-without the need for additional interfaces or splits.
How to take exam?
As an Avid Learning Partner, our experienced trainers will assist you in completing all VENUE 100- and 200-level courses and course projects/exercises before taking the necessary course completion exams before you take the final Pro Tools Operator certification exam.